The courses I teach incorporate scaffolded assignments; a mix of group and individual work; a mix of formal and informal assignments; lots of reading, writing, and discussing; and ongoing revision and reflection in light of commentary from me and from peer review.
//Selected Courses Taught
at Transylvania University
- WRC 2214: Business Writing [Fall 2017 WordPress site] Fall 2015 WordPress site]
- WRC 2294: Writing for/with Nonprofits [Fall 2016 WordPress site]
- WRC 3054: Digital Rhetoric [Winter 2017 WordPress site] [Winter 2015 WordPress site] [Fall 2013 WordPress site]
- WRC 3124: Digital Travel Writing in Ireland [May 2016 WordPress site]
- WRC 3234: Feminist Rhetorics [pdf]
- FYS 1002: First-Year Seminar, Expository (a course designed using a translingual literacy approach that brings together native English speakers and multilingual learners) [Fall 2016 WordPress site] [Fall 2015 WordPress site]
- FYS 1004: First-Year Seminar [Winter 2017 WordPress site]
at Bowling Green State University
- Eng 2070: Intermediate Writing [WordPress site]
Co-designed & co-taught with Stacy Kastner (we each taught a section but frequently attended each other’s class sessions and held small group conferences with a mix of students from each section). Focus on multimodal literacies & reflective learning.