The courses I teach incorporate scaffolded assignments; a mix of group and individual work; a mix of formal and informal assignments; lots of reading, writing, and discussing; and ongoing revision and reflection in light of commentary from me and from peer review.
//Selected Courses Taught
at Transylvania University
- WRC 2214: Business Writing [Fall 2018 WordPress site]
- WRC 3054: Digital Rhetoric [Winter 2019 WordPress site]
- WRC 3124: Digital Travel Writing in Ireland [May 2016 WordPress site]
- WRC 3234: Feminist Rhetorics [pdf]
- WRC 4444: Senior Seminar [pdf]
- FYS 1002: First-Year Seminar, Expository (a course designed using translingual literacy and cross-cultural composition research that brings together native English speakers and multilingual learners) [Fall 2015 WordPress site]
- FYS 1004: First-Year Seminar [Winter 2017 WordPress site]
at Bowling Green State University
- Eng 2070: Intermediate Writing [WordPress site—this is from 2011, y’all; old school WordPress!]
Co-designed & co-taught with Stacy Kastner (we each taught a section but frequently attended each other’s class sessions and held small group conferences with a mix of students from each section). Focus on multimodal literacies & reflective learning.